"Never forget that the most powerful force on earth is love."-Nelson Rockefeller

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Accepting&Expecting

So the title is Accepting and Expecting...
I named this blog post this because I am having to accept what has happened.
I have to accept that:
A. My Nana is in the hospital for the rest of her life.
B. I will NOT be getting my Nana back.
C. My Nana will never be the same.
and.. I am coming to terms with that.. It's hard.. but I am.

Now for the expecting..
I am expecting a lot of hard times ahead.
Among these hard times are:
A. I won't have my Nana for much longer.
B. She'll eventually be bed-ridden.

So, now that were talking about nursing homes and hospitals.. I visited my Nana the other day.
When I walked in, I didnt recognize her..
She was all crouched over in her chair, hair in a mess, and she didnt have her glasses on...
I seriously did not know that was her..
It scared me..
She could barely hold her eyes open.
She could barely speak a sentence that made any sense..
She could barely walk..
the good news is, this is the best she's been.
and to be honest, that scared me even more.

That's all for now..
thanks,
Makenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment