"Never forget that the most powerful force on earth is love."-Nelson Rockefeller

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sorry For the Wait..

Hey everyone..
bad news.
My Nana has now been put into the hospital... she has to be under complete care right now, and that's just something that is not possible..

I wonder..
what is it like to have Alzheimer's? I mean really.. I don't want the scientific definition.. I want it to be on the personal side.. the emotional side.. the loving and caring side..
What do these 5 million americans living with Alzheimer's deal with daily? What do they see.. What do they feel.. what is it like?
What is it like to look at the love of your life and see a stranger?
What is it like to walk into a room, then immediately want to leave, but can't escape from the room?
What is it like to lose your most precious memories?
What is it like to not be able to bathe, use the restroom, get dressed, and other things we all perform daily..
Most importantly.. WHY? WHY does this disease exist? WHY does it affect so many? WHY did it affect my family?

I promise to be back with more posts soon..
I need to think.. and rest.. but most importantly, study!
--Makenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment